Practice Ready Assessment – Newfoundland and Labrador
To apply to this program, please log in to continue.
If you do not have an account, please create a one by clicking the 'Create account' button above.
Please review the following before you consider applying to PRA-NL:
- PRA-NL is a 12-week clinical field assessment (CFA). It is not a training program. Candidates must demonstrate overall competence in all areas of the assessment to receive a Pass result.
- The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Newfoundland and Labrador (CPSNL) must deem you eligible for a provisional license in Family Medicine before you can apply to PRA-NL. *Do not apply without this eligibility.
- A determination of eligibility by the CPSNL does not guarantee an applicant will meet the PRA-NL Mandatory Application Requirements or be selected for a 12-week assessment. Physicians with significant gaps in practice (i.e. one or more years away from full-time practice), episodic practice (i.e. practicing for blocks of less than 3 months at a time), or who have no currency beyond the minimum required for the CPSNL, are significantly less competitive.
- Applicants must have less than two prior failed attempts in Canadian practice ready assessment programs.
- Proceeding through one phase of the selection process does not guarantee progression to the next phase and/or selection for the 12-week assessment.
- If a candidate passes the 12-week assessment, PRA-NL provides no promise, warranty or condition that they will be able to meet the requirements of the CPSNL to receive a license to practice as a physician in Newfoundland and Labrador or elsewhere in Canada.