The Office of Professional Development (OPD) provides a variety of services to Memorial University’s Faculty of Medicine and others in the public/private/not-for-profit sectors, particularly the health sector. The office develops and delivers all of the faculty’s Continuing Professional Development requirements that include accredited live events, online courses, faculty development and assessment and retraining opportunities. Our staff of 15 possesses extensive experience in business development, marketing, project management, event planning, research, educational development and technical operations.
Services available include:
- Event planning and delivery
- CPD Program planning and development
- Needs assessment design, delivery and analysis
- Online course development and delivery
- Distributed education technology via digital, social and mobile technology applications
- Full accreditation services for MainPro and Maintenance of Certification
- Instructional design and development
- Additional technology solutions such as database development and custom programming
- Course evaluations and custom research
- Teaching consulting
- Public engagement
Using a range of technologies OPD is uniquely positioned to offer a variety of distribution channels for continuing professional development (CPD). The OPD is also the main development organization for a national e-learning CPD portal - MDcme.ca. MDcme.ca is unique in the world of Canadian online CPD and provides the flexibility, credibility and accessibility required by today’s busy health care professionals.