If you do not have an account, please create a one by clicking the 'Create account' button above.
CPD @ Dusk: Navigating Care at the End of Life
Location: Faculty of Medicine & Web-conferencing, St. John's
Date: 24 October 2018All fees are inclusive of HST.
|$28.75||Registration - Webinar|
At the end of this program, participants will be able to:
- Identify the purpose of the death certificate as it relates to public health and disposition of the deceased.
- Recognize the obligation of the attending physician to complete a DC
- Formulate an appropriate cause of death statement based on best clinical judgement
- Distinguish between a reportable and non-reportable death
- Review the assessing a patient for pain
- Review the medications available for managing pain
- Discuss the impact of renal failure and liver failure on opioids
- Discuss when to use adjuvant drugs
- Discuss the role of marijuana as co-analgesic
|Wednesday, October 24, 2018|
Presenter: Dr. Simon Avis
Palliative Care Updates
Presenter: Dr. Susan MacDonald
- Simon Avis, B.Med.Sc., M.D, FRCPC
Professor of Laboratory Medicine (Forensic) Chair of Laboratory MedicineChief Medical Examiner (Newfoundland)
- Susan MacDonald, MD, CCFP PC FCFP
Associate Professor of Medicine & Family Medicine
Faculty of Medicine, MUN
Medical Director of Palliative Care, Eastern Health
Funds in support of this CME activity were provided as an educational grant to Memorial University. The funds were independently allocated and disbursed in accordance with current CMA guidelines. An educational grant to help support this program provided by:The Office of Professional Development (OPD), Faculty of Medicine, Memorial University, is fully accredited by the Committee on Accreditation of Continuing Medical Education (CACME), a subcommittee of the Committee on Accreditation of Canadian Medical Schools (CACMS). This standard allows OPD to assign credits for educational activities based on the criteria established by The College of Family Physicians of Canada, and the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.