Home & UpdatesPhase 1Phase 2Phase 3Phase 4AdministrationServicesInformation for Learners


Emergency numbers
  • Dial 9-864-4100 if in the Health Sciences Centre 
  • Dial 4100 if in the Medical Education Centre
All emergencies are handled by Campus Enforcement and Patrol (CEP). If you use 911 to report your emergency, you also need to inform Campus Enforcement and Patrol at the non-emergency number below. 

CEP officers are equipped with naloxone kits and are trained to administer naloxone to counteract the effects of an opiod overdose.

MUN Safe App

The MUN Safe App provides quick access to campus safety resources 24/7 and sends important safety alerts e.g. during campus emergencies. The MUN Safe App benefits include:

Download the App today!
index_badge_appstore.png index_badge_googleplay.png

Security numbers

Campus Enforcement and Patrol contact for non-emergency issues:
  • Dial 8561 if in the Medical Education Centre 
  • Dial 9-864-8561 if in the Health Sciences Centre
Paladin Security contact in the Health Sciences Centre for non-emergency issues:
  • Dial 777-7280
These numbers are also valid after-hours, on week-ends and holidays.

Support during Health Crisis

If you are distressed, injured or in crisis, it is strongly recommended that you seek guidance from a professional caregiver. You may visit the nearest emergency department at the local hospital or, if appropriate, you may wish to contact the mental health/crisis line for support.

If you are practicing in Newfoundland & Labrador you are encouraged to contact: 
Mental Health Crisis 
1-888-737-4668 (toll free province-wide 24/7)

If you are practicing in New Brunswick you are encouraged to contact: 
CHIMO Provincial Helpline 
1-800-667-5005 (toll free province-wide 24/7)

The procedures for other emergency situations are outlined on the pages below: