Your Support - Giving to the Faculty of Medicine
As a Faculty of Medicine alumnus, you are an invaluable ambassador of Memorial University. You and your fellow alumni are leaders in research, economic, government and community development.
Each year, graduates and friends of the Faculty of Medicine contribute substantial and much-appreciated support to our mission of commitment to excellence in teaching, research and scholarship, and service to the general public.
Your contribution to Memorial University and the Faculty of Medicine will allow us to continue delivering high quality education, teaching and research. In particular, you can help us to meet our priorities by supporting the Medical Research Fund or by designating your gift to the student contingency fund, or the Health Sciences Library.
You can support the Faculty of Medicine in several ways.
- Through our alumni giving program - the "Thousand Thousands Challenge".
- Through Memorial University’s Annual Appeal we ask our alumni and friends to consider pledging their support on an annual basis. These gifts are the foundation of our private support. They help meet current needs of the Faculty and ensure our development and continued excellence.
- Planned Giving allows you to determine in advance what happens to your estate. Bequests are extremely valuable to the University and allow you to leave a legacy.
- Matching Gift programs allow employees and employers to work together to improve education in their communities. Many companies will match donations made by their employees to registered Canadian charities. More than 500 companies have such programs.
- Through Online Giving you can make a pledge or gift to the university.
All gifts to the university are tax deductible.
For more information on how you can support the Faculty of Medicine, contact:
Senior Development Officer
Faculty of Medicine
Memorial University of Newfoundland
St. John's, NL
Canada A1B 3V6
tel. (709) 864-2163
fax. (709) 777-6746